Children’s Cancer Fund champions kids in their fight against cancer through strategic investments in research and care in North Texas. We are a nonprofit organization based in Dallas, Texas that generates funds through several fundraising events throughout the year and private donations. We are closely affiliated with Children's Medical Center and UT Southwestern Medical Center, both of whom are national leaders in the research and treatment of pediatric cancer.
The Event Coordinator will be an essential member of the Team, helping us fulfill the Children’s Cancer Fund mission. We are a collaborative, high-energy, and creative team looking for someone who can be an integral part in the creation and implementation of the Annual Gala during our busy fall/spring event season. This major event will take place on April 17th, 2020.
• Provide planning and event support including, securing in-kind donations and/or vendors, event planning, event documentation, volunteer management, and day of event logistics
• Support effective data entry and tracking of donations, sponsorships, and support in patient family contact/communication
• Assist with implementation of board and committee meetings
• Office support
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
• Energetic, personable, and mission-driven
• Flexible schedule, including ability to work some evenings, or weekend hours
• Approximately 20 hours/week with the potential for additional hours the week of the event; can be flexible with less hours initially and increase to 40 hours
• Must be able to work the two weeks in mid-April
• Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to and transport event materials